This is a delicious, easy and nutritious soup which will freeze well.
1 tbsp coconut oil
3 shallots or 1 onion, chopped
1 celery stalk, sliced
Salt and pepper
1 litre of vegetable bouillon stock
300g spinach, roughly chopped
1⁄2 tbsp ginger, crushed
1 garlic clove, crushed
Handful of mint leaves
Handful of basil leaves
1. Cook the quinoa according to the instructions on the packet, drain and set aside.
2. Melt the coconut oil in a frying pan.
3. Add the onion or shallots and celery.
4. Add a small amount of salt and pepper, then toss and stir for 5 minutes, until the onions are transparent. Pour in the vegetable bouillon stock and bring to the boil.
5. Add the peas, spinach, ginger, garlic and cooked quinoa and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat before adding the mint and basil.
6. Blend to a smooth consistency or leave some texture if you prefer. Enjoy!